Check out all the World Cup Google doodles at Google’s Doodle Archive.
My copy of P90x3 has just arrived!! I’m starting a 90 day P90x3 Challenge group in Facebook starting Jan 3rd!! So message me if you would like to be included. It’s a great way to keep accountable. And now that the workouts are 30 min, that removes the biggest obstacle for most folks….TIME!!!
In the meantime I plan to understand the workouts, schedule and nutrition guide. And of course get a few workouts under my belt!
If you haven’t decided on P90x3 yet, or understand what all the hype and excitement is about, check out my p90x3 Primer.
And remember, place an order in December and get free shipping. Order before Dec 31st and you also get that free cool P90x3 hat!!
How do I order? Good question. Here are the links. Refer to the above Primer for details!
P90X3 CHALLENGE PACK: (This is always the best option when purchasing with Shakeology to truly get the best results. The pricing is the best discount going.)
We are having a great time with T25 in our fit club. But don’t feel left out, the beautiful thing about T25 is that it’s made to do at home with minimal equipment! And I love Challenge Pack specials as it’s a great way to kick start your nutrition. A Challenge Pack just for T25 is downright sweet!! So much so that I will open up an On-line Challenge group here shortly just for T25. I want to keep it to a small group so that we can keep everyone accountable, so let me know if you’re interested in joining for August. If so, the below Challenge Pack has your name on it.
And a common question I get over and over is….how long are the workouts? Just remember that T not only stands for Shaun T, but it’s also for TIME!! And yes, the work outs are only 25 minutes long. And yes, it’s very effective! Shaun T says over and over that he just wants you to focus for 25 minutes and if you do that, you will get results.
What is FOCUS T25?
- In-home workouts designed to deliver an hour’s results in just 25 minutes a day.
- The latest creation by fitness expert and former track star Shaun T—who brought the world INSANITY®.
- Fast-paced routines that are jam-packed with dynamic, hi-intensity moves designed for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
What is the target audience?
- Busy people who want to work out less time but still get great results.
- Those who enjoy a high-intensity, no-nonsense program that makes every minute count.
- Men and women who want to work out just 25 minutes a day to get in the best shape of their lives.
What do people love most about FOCUS T25?
- Even those people with incredibly tight schedules can always find 25 minutes a day to work out.
- Major studies have shown that 30 minutes of exercise can be just as effective at burning fat and even more efficient than 60 minutes of exercise.
- There’s always a modifier on screen, so literally anyone at any fitness level can GET IT DONE with FOCUS T25.
So if you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me or click the JOIN NOW IT’s FREE link above to create your free Team Beachbody Account. Why? Because you get free on-line tools from Beachbody, makes us friends in the Beachbody WOWY on-line gym, and allows me to keep you updated on new Beachbody events and products. So what you waiting for, it’s FREE!!
Can you guess what the number 1 excuse to not work out is? If you said “Time”, or better yet, “no time” you would be correct. So Carl Diekler asked Shawn T to put together a program that removes that excuse, while allowing folks with all fitness levels to get results like they never have before. So welcome…Focus T25!!!
Focus T25 is the first workout of it’s kind to allow you to burn as many calories in 25 minutes, as you do in 1 hour! In 25 minutes a day, you can GET IT DONE! No more excuses.
And to repeat, focus T25 will allow folks from all fitness levels to get results…from those that never experirenced Shawn t’s Hip hop Abs or Insanity…to folks to have done it all including Asylum!
So with this in mind, I will be putting together an accountablity group for those that want to join but can’t physically be with us in our local fit club. No worries, let me know, I’ll put the Challenge group together, make sure you have the right tools and we can do this together. No more excuses!!!
To get started, click the JOIN NOW IT’s FREE to make me your coach, and the SHOP link for T25 is now live!!!
I’ve been talking about synthetic chemicals and how to protect yourself by avoiding them for a while. But the truth is they are everywhere and even with the best efforts to avoid them, we are saturated with them. I will refer you to the great book “Hundred Year Lie – How to protect yourself from the chemicals that are killing you” to get more information. But it’s not all doom and gloom. You can take steps to limit the exposure, and even better news, you can release years of toxins from your body.
Remember I lost 50 pounds with P90x 2 years ago and reached an all time low of 162. I eventually leveled out to 165-168 for the next two years. I then used Body Beast to get that upper body I never really had and reach 178, mostly lean muscle mass. But the path I took to 183 is all fat. I know 4 to 6 pounds might not sound like much, but when the pants no longer fit right, and darn it…that 6 pack I got really close to defining is layered in new fat…ugh. I just felt like crap.
So I’m super excited with the results. I love the recipes that come with the program and supplements are all natural. Here is a great video from the creator of Shakeology and the Ultimate Reset explaining this in more detail.
I thought I would end with a great recipes from the Reset that I just love. I was never a beet lover, but this recipe made me a believer!!! So much I double/triple batch it to last me into the week.
Roasted Root Medley
- 1/4 medium sized yam, washed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 large carrot, washed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 large beet, washed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled and cut into large wedges
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Optional recommended by Tom (1/2 teaspoon cumin)
Preheat Oven to 400 degree F. In a bowl, toss in all ingredients together. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until tender, turning once or twice to prevent burning. Serves 1
Missed the Turbo Fire Special a few weeks Back? Trying to find that next Black Friday deal? Well look no further!! Beachbody proudly offers the 2012 Team Beachbody Black Friday thru CYBER MONDAY SALE EXTRAVAGANZA!
The fun begins this Friday, November 23rd, around 9:00 AM PST/12:00 PM EST and ends on Monday, November 26th around 9:00 PM PST/12:00 AM EST. Remember, all offers have a limited quantity available and will no longer be available once those quantities have been sold.
SALE DOES NOT START UNTIL FRIDAY! So the links I’m providing will not be active until that time. However, in the meantime, click the JOIN NOW IT’S FREE link in my logo banner to create your free Team Beachbody Account if you don’t already have one. You can review each of the products in the SHOP section of your Team Beachbody Account and message me to help find the best fit for your needs and goals.
Offer #1: P90X + 3 Shakeology sample packets for just $99 (a $38 savings!)
Offer #2: TurboFire for just $53 (a $67 savings!)
Offer #3: 10-Minute Trainer for just $59.90 (a $20 savings!)
Offer #4: Power 90 for just $44.90 (a $15 savings!)
Offer #5: Hip Hop Abs for just $24.95 (a $35 savings!)
Offer #6: Body Gospel for just $24.95 (a $55 savings!)
Offer #7: Beachbody Squishy Ball for just $3.95 (a $9 savings!)
Ever since I lost 50 pounds with P90x, I’ve been of the mind set to start a new work out program in a caloric deficit mode, eating a high protein to carb ratio diet and include plenty and plenty of cardio. As P90x Phase II and III approached, my calorie intake would increase as would the good carbs. That was great for losing tons of weight and fat. But now I’m at the point where I want to build some bulk and taking a serious look at Body Beast, which does things a bit different. A lot Different! I have to admit this takes me out of my comfort zone having to bump up my daily calories intake from 2000 to 3000 and limit my cardio to once a week starting Phase 1! Body Beast gets you going right away consuming a lot of carbs and calories for phase 1 and 2. Only in Phase 3 does it tone down the carbs and calories and includes more cardio. So I was planning on making a hybrid for Body Beast out of the gate when fellow Beachbody coaches Eric Hall and Brandon Henderson intercepted and laid down some intervention. I think Eric’s advice is just golden so I’m going to just quote him here:
My only concern is that depending upon one’s body type, you want to watch the amount of high intensity cardio done while trying to bulk up. Too much will deplete your glycogen stores in your muscle, and you will be challenged to go big on your next workout on the Body Beast. One day a week of cardio is plenty. Again, don’t underestimate the power that strength training has on your cardiovascular system and metabolism.
Honestly, and now I’m going to sound like Beachbody themselves…but probably best to just do the workout program as scheduled without modification to truly test it’s effectiveness. I always felt that hybrids are for after you have gone thru a program first, then hybrid the second or third time thru.
Also, YOU mentioned something about not minding getting a bigger upper body? And what sacrifice the lower body? Not gonna happen. Building lower body strength will give you upper body strength and size as well. You have to develop all the way around and killer leg workouts are KEY to putting on upper body size…TRUTH! I say that because I don’t want you going light on the legs and heavy on the upper and not seeing the results you want
That’s just brilliant, ain’t it? So along with that advice, I’ve had a chance now to run through 3 Body Beast workouts (Lucky 7, Chest/Tris, Back/Bis) and it reminds me of the first time working through P90x, but times 10! The work outs are well paced and the dynamic Set Training really took my work out to a new level. I think Sagi does an excellent job explaining what to do, and he’s always about keeping it safe. Now don’t take this next point wrong as I LOVE LOVE Tony Horton. But Sagi is no Tony Horton and that is a good thing. Yes Sagi talks motivation and might get a bit carried away…but he’s not trying to be a comedian. I found that those in our test fit group that did not like Tony’s cheezyness (For the record I love Tony’s cheezyness, it keeps me motivated. Plus I met Tony and he’s as much a goof ball in real time as he is in the DVDs) really took a liking to Sagi’s approach and willing to cut him slack when he gets a bit, um, excited.
But following the schedule still seems scary to me. But as timing would have it, my good friend John DeGiglio just wrapped up his 90 days of P90x. He took the time to work with me, understand the schedule, nutrition guide, and then performed a complete 180 in his life and stuck with P90x even though he has some heavy duty real life issues come up in his life. But he stuck with it! And after 90 days he lost 30 pounds!!! He blew past his original goal 2 times and will continue to make new goals as he starts Insanity!!!
So my conclusion is I need to man up! Starting on Monday, I will follow the Lean Schedule as outlined by the Sagi, and give it what ever it takes for the next 90 days. This will be an interesting journey and I plan to provide some updates.
I also created a Google docs form to help calculate the necessary calories for each phase of The Body Beast. So if you want to get a feel of the caloric requirements for your body type, and get a good idea of what to expect nutrition wise, then feel free to utilize my Body Beast Calorie Calculator.
So you are probably wonder at this point if Body Beast is for you. Keep in mind this is the first and only all-encompassing bodybuilding, nutrition, and supplement systems on the market. And it’s designed to do one thing: get you BIG. Commit to the program for 90 days and world-class bodybuilder Sagi Kalev can help you pack on 10 pounds of pure muscle. After 3 days I’m won over and I know you will be too!!
Also, order Body Beast from me and you’ll also get:
A FREE bonus workout DVD, “Lucky 7.” It’s a full-body workout with Sagi, made to accelerate your results. Plus, an opportunity to get a FREE exclusive Body Beast athletic shirt!
Give me a yell or click on the banner to the right to review the 3 options to purchase Body Beast.
- Option 1 is just the DVDs. That is what I did and in hindsight was a mistake. I didn’t think I would be interested in the supplements as I’m hooked on the vegan Shakeology and I’m very very very strict about knowing the ingredients. But I’m happy to report that Sagi is all about clean eating and using supplements with no junk. No artificial sweeteners or colors, and uses the highest quality of whey protein that is neutral in taste. It’s designed to be used with your other sources of liquid fuel thus allowing you to control the ingredients.
- 12 workouts:
- Build: DVDs 1-4 Lay the foundation for a huge new you. Give every muscle in your body a major pump with Super Sets and Giant Sets.
- Bulk: DVDs 5-9 Force Sets, Progressive Sets, Combo Sets, and Multi-Sets build on the size you gained in Phase 1. Now the focus shifts to muscular hypertrophy, the technical term for the muscle cells enlarging, bringing about explosive muscle growth.
- Beast: DVDs 10-12 With fat-burning cardio, relentless circuit-training, and intense core work, you’ll be amazed at your increasing capacity to lift heavier weights and grow bigger, more defined muscles.
You’ll also get these valuable tools:
- The Book of Beast. Get huge without wasting a second. This info-packed program guide gives you tips on proper form and safety, explains the science behind growing your muscles, breaks down the nutrition you need to reach your goals, and even boosts your motivation.
- “How to Eat Like a Beast” Eating Plan. Exceptional bodies are made in the kitchen. This comprehensive guide provides a calorie calculator, portion charts, food lists, and suggested supplements to help you bring out your inner Beast.
- 90-Day Daily Workout Calendar. We’ve done the work for you, so you always know which exercises to do, when. Just follow along and chart your progress.
EXCLUSIVE: Order Body Beast on Team Beachbody and get a FREE workout DVD, Lucky 7. This full-body workout includes seven exercises and seven pyramids—for seven times bigger muscles. A $19.95 value, yours FREE!
- 12 workouts:
- Option 2 is the same above and Huge Stack.
- PLUS 2 SIZE-BUILDING STEROID-FREE SUPPLEMENTS:
- 30-day supply of Beachbody® Hardcore Base Shake. Monstrous, carved muscles start here. With an exclusive blend of high-quality proteins, this base shake was formulated to help maximize new muscle growth and reduce muscle breakdown—at the same time, quickly and naturally.*
- 30-day supply of Beachbody Fuel Shot. Kick-start your recovery after even the most punishing workout. Fuel Shot delivers performance-enhancing nutrients into muscle fiber, so you can blow past fatigue and recover faster.*
GET A BONUS DVD WORTH $19.95, FREE:
- Tempo. Get a first-hand understanding of growth-enhancing hypertrophy with two intense workouts. Tempo Sets work your chest, tris, back, and bis so hard, you can actually feel your muscle tissue grow.
- PLUS 2 SIZE-BUILDING STEROID-FREE SUPPLEMENTS:
- Option 3 is same as Option 1 but also including Beast Stack.
- PLUS 4 SIZE-BUILDING STEROID-FREE SUPPLEMENTS:
- 30-day supply of Beachbody M.A.X. Muscle Acceleration Xtreme Creatine. Get a healthy dose of power and growth with high-grade pure creatine monohydrate. No fillers, preservatives, or untested ingredients—just the boost you need to add a few extra reps, speed your recovery, and fuel muscle growth.*
- 30-day supply of Beachbody Super Suma. Amp up your body’s own ability to produce testosterone and build muscle strength, size, and endurance. Made from Suma Root, Super Suma is the safe, natural way to help aid protein synthesis to repair spent muscles faster.*
GET A BONUS DVD WORTH $19.95, FREE:
So are your ready?? Get ready to do WHATEVER IT TAKES!
First, I forgot to thank everyone that voted for my mom. She did not win the grand prize but she is still very much excited with her story and hopefully everyone else can benefit as well. Next time you hear someone say “oh, I’m too old, I’m too inactive, I’m too this….” just remind them of my mom’s success story!!
Now on the the big news today. Beachbody has release a new Shakeology flavor called Chocolate Vegan! I will provide more details on this over the weekend.
But the big new product coming out…and I do mean BIG, is Body Beast! I’m having mixed emotions about this program as I don’t know if this is the direction I want to go. I’m much more interested in gaining athletic conditioning and performance over looking big. However with that said, I did purchase this since I need to stay on top of these things as a Beachbody Coach!
Body Beast was developed by Sagi Kalev, the champion bodybuilder (“Mr. Israel”). In this program you will learn some old-school and some new-school techniques on how to get the best looking body in the shortest amount of time.
Let me know if this is something that interest you, as right now this is only available exclusively through….well through me! This is only available through the Team Beachbody network at this time.
I posted back in November that my mom (Mary C) won the monthly Beachbody Challenge. We now just found out that she has been selected for the Shakeology grand-prize Finalist! What a great inspiration she is at age 70 to take charge of her health.
So she needs your help to win the $25,000 and trip to the Beachbody Coach Summit in Las Vegas !!!
How Can I help??
Glad you asked! The steps are pretty simple:
- If you don’t already have your free Team Beachbody Account, just click on my JOIN NOW IT’S FREE link to create your free account.
- Go to the Beachbody Challenge Voting page and cast a vote for my mom MARY C
- You are allowed to vote for my mom and one man every day until Midnight May 18th
Did I miss the boat?
NO! The Beachbody Challenge is an ongoing event! Real people with real results continue to submit their success story and qualify to win big bucks just like my mom! So that means if you have a success story, just started, or thinking about getting started, you can still qualify for the Beachbody Challenge. The process is pretty simple. Just go to the Beachbody Challenge and Commit to the program you will be using. When you have completed your success story, come back and submit your after pictures and story and now you are qualified to win $$$!!!! it doesn’t get any more real or authentic then my mom, who was unable to do traditional workouts from winning! If she can do it, you can do it! Let me know how I can help you get the results you want!
I was really happy with my Shakeology Protien Ball recipe that I recently posted.
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons of 100% pure maple syrup. (Not the processed crap)
Now the normal recipe calls to blanch the almonds first. I never do as I love the gritty fiber that comes along for the ride when I use almond milk in my smoothies or recipes. You then blend the almonds and syrup until it turns a white foamy look. Next, the recipe calls to use a cheesecloth to remove the almond refuse…which again I do not do. Matter fact I want all that Almond refuse!
So I now take the 1 cup of Almond Milk and use that in my protein ball recipe! I also add one tablespoon of Chai Seeds and I have a really great protein ball. It holds its form well and taste great!!!
Nutritional Facts for each ball (I was able to make 15 all together):
- 180 calories
- 7 gr sugar
- 10 gr protein
- 4 gr fat
- 24 gr carbs